Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Shenanigans ... An Honorable Mention ...

       "Wonder how many folks remember The Book Exchange and Book Bag at Evanston Plaza on Dorchester Rd. Circa 1977-80? Peruse the old comic books at the Exchange, grab a Wrestling Mag at Book Bag. Cool, innocent times."




                     Can't beat living in the good ol' USA 😎

 Indeed. 1977 & 1978 were in particular quite fun. I'll revisit The Book Exchange and it's underrated brilliance in the future. 

         
                         Scott Stevens
     In late 2012 when I made the calculated decision to take up an old hobby. I knew I needed a Hall of Famer in one of the Big 4 sports to focus on for a PSA Registry.  Being under something resembling, though obviously smaller scale, the SMU Probation/Death Penalty days, within the budget. 😂. Learning experience, trust me  😆 Never try to be Robin Hood.
    NHL Hall of Famers is where I gave a eye to. Chris Chelios, Patrick Roy, Pat LaFontaine, Dale Hawerchuk and Luc Robitaille intrigued me. But didn't excite me. Just a couple years removed from my buy and flip experience knowing I had bought and sold all the rookies of those greats. Too much been there, deja vu etc. 
    One player not on my list of five was Scott Stevens. The Caps - Blues - Devils great. No Registry sets of Stevens existed. I could ground floor it. That did interest me. So did the player.
    Scott was the quintessential if he's on your team you love him player. If he ain't, you may heavily dislike him at best, rage hate him at worst 😂  My boys, the Habs, didn't meet up with any of the Stevens led teams in money(playoffs) games all that often. Devils killed Montreal in the '97 Playoffs is one example I recall. But Stevens himself, well, the highlights are out there. A serious presence during The Stanley Cup Playoffs. 
    Easy call. The chance for a Registry start up 😁 and I loved the way Stevens played. He played to win. He could be ruthless.
 

        His Registry Sets, my creation.








            Scott Stevens was added to my collection in February 2013

As an all time great, these needed creating.  My adds to the sets have slowed. Tweaked my collecting doctrine a tiny bit since 2018. I'll deep dive again eventually. 



                       

                     Till later






     

              

             






No comments:

Post a Comment