Saturday, July 20, 2024

... Some GoreZone ...

 


 

"We like to tinker"  😉


  GoreZone was the short lived bi-monthly horror magazine from the publishers of the Iconic Horror / Sci-Fi publication Fangoria. Spanning 27 issues over five years. 1988-1993. Price range retail went from $3.50 to $4.95 over that span. Horror was hot. GZ was a bit more splatter heavy than Fangoria. 

       Issues 1-7








   Some great covers wouldn't you say? Easy finds at bookstores around Charleston SC back when. Not as easy to come across while at App State.  Late '87, early '88 I began to shift a bit. Away from comic books and over to movies. Especially Horror during that time. Kinda wish I'd paid more attention to condition. But hey, these are intended to be read. Plus there's a lot of character and memories in that wear. 😊

        Issues 14 & 26



  Sportscards, shoes, shades, girls, cars etc took priority over my magazine buying. Hey, just means I can pick up the remaing 18 issues and complete the full run anytime now. And will eventually. A part of my past that needs completing. 


              Random musings ...

  Pluto TV. Kudos. The Love Boat channel. I love the first two seasons of that show. Reminds me of simpler times. One of the few TV shows the whole family liked to watch. Saturday nights. Love Boat at 9, Fantasy Island at 10. ABC news at 11. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling at 11:15. Lazy, simple Saturday Nights. So cool.

  I miss the old AVP on NBC days. For a few years, 91-95, Beach Volleyball was must see tv 'round here. Sparked my interest in Oakleys. 

  Two things I like about collecting comics. The stories inside, of course. And the wear, the "character", present on the cover. Low and High, both grades have their own tale they tell...

              Both well loved, in their own way:



   Great 70's show, Emergency!. 😎



Later ...





No comments:

Post a Comment